Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve here in the states, and even though I know it's Christmas in other places of the world, I'm bent on celebrating my Christmas Eve the way my family does every year: with Christmas specials on the tv and lots of cookie baking. This year we have friends coming to visit and they're arriving today, so the whole relaxation thing takes a backseat to our frantic cleaning. :P It's all good, though, because I really like the family friends who are visiting. They're coming from across the country and have two children around my age. The only problem is that since I'm a spoiled, materialistic American teenager, my parents bought me a lot of gifts. And since the friends are going to be here on Christmas day, they'll witness me opening a million presents and generally being spoiled.

While I don't mind the number of gifts I have (I don't really care very much about the gifts I get for Christmas. I just like the "Christmas Spirit" and giving gifts. I'm bad at being materialistic when it's acceptable.) a huge part of me is worried about being judged by our visitors. My parents are also fairly worried about that, so they've been trying to make me open my presents early. Which isn't working, because I'm a stickler for opening everything at once on Christmas morning.

This reads more like a diary entry than anything, so I'm sorry for being an awful blogger.

Merry Christmas, everyone! (Or Christmas Eve, I guess) I hope you all have an amazing holiday~

Love,
Juju

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! Aww and don't worry about the presents! You won't be judged, just don't think about it and enjoy your presents and christmas ^-^.

    ReplyDelete